The Museum Resource Centre is a network of museum professionals known as Museum Development Officers (MDO), working in regional Queensland.
Our Customers include:
Staff and volunteers in regional community museums, galleries, historical societies and keeping places; local government; cultural heritage industry professionals; Arts Queensland; the Queensland Museum Network; funding bodies; sponsors; online visitors and the general public.
MDOs are dedicated to providing a high standard to our customers and our activities are guided by the following objectives:
- providing support for professional development and collection management including digitisation
- supporting regional workers in the collections sector, to improve networking and communications, provide access to agreed training and standards
- enabling comprehensive quality content
- extending partnerships with like organisations, education and tourism sectors and the general public
It endorses the following service standards:
- we deliver our range of services with enthusiasm
- we will provide advice in line with best practice museum standards
- we treat our customers fairly and professionally
- we provide local access to global information and global access to local information through the BLOG (http://qmmdo.com.au)
- we anticipate customer demands and we create new and exciting opportunities for the delivery of our services
- we demonstrate technical/professional competence
Standards of Service
- you will find MDOs courteous and helpful
- you can expect staff to have the knowledge, authority and responsibility to deal with your enquiries or to be able to refer you to someone who has
- you will be put in touch with the appropriate person with the minimum of delay
- if waiting for service you will be acknowledged courteously and advised of possible waiting periods
- we aim to provide you with prompt and authoritative assistance
- your telephone calls will be answered promptly with the staff member’s name and work area identified
- you can expect us to acknowledge or respond to telephone messages as soon as possible, at the latest within three working day, unless we are working in the field where reception may be limited
- aim to resolve your enquiry during the call, if the query is more complex we will respond to you as soon as possible
We acknowledge or reply to your written communications within five working days. Our written communications to you are in clear and simple language, address the issues directly and include relevant contact details.
Are you satisfied with our service?
You can contact us through emailing or phoning the Museum Development Officer in your region.
We welcome both enquiries and suggestions to help us improve our services.
Far North Queensland
Cairns - Jo Wills: tel. 4032 4051 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Townsville - Ewen McPhee: tel. 4726 0619 email: email@example.com
Rockhampton – Bronwyn Roper: tel. 4936 8086 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Southern Inland Queensland
Toowoomba – Lydia Egunnike: tel. 4659 4921 email: email@example.com
South East Queensland
Ipswich – Helen Pithie: tel. 3432 5145 email: firstname.lastname@example.org